Finding out that you are pregnant is one of the happiest moments that you could experience in this lifetime. Take note that pregnancy can change a lot of things in your relationship with your husband. Now that you are expecting to have a newborn baby soon, it is essential that you plan ahead of time. Remember that when the baby comes, everything in your life will change. Fortunately, you do not need to do it alone because you have someone to share the journey with.
Before anything else, the first step that you have to do is to inform your partner about the pregnancy. As much as possible, think of exciting ways on how you could give him the good news. Here are some of the tips that you can try:
- Have A Photo Shoot. Plan a picture-taking session with your beloved spouse. Tell him that you want to have a portrait of the two of you. During the shoot, ask the photographer to announce that you are pregnant just when he is about to take a photo. That way, he can capture the reaction of your partner.
- Buy A Piggy Bank. Having a baby can be expensive. You have to think not only of the expenses for labor but also for the future of your kid. To remind your husband about this, buy a piggy bank and print a line that says “baby fund.” Give it to your husband when he least expects it.
- Surprise Him With The Pregnancy Test. This may be a classic move but it never gets old. No matter what you do, your husband will always be caught off guard. For example, you could hide the pregnancy test in his favorite place at the house.
- Let The Picture Talk. Have you visited your doctor? Did you already get an ultrasound for your tummy? If yes, then ask for a copy of the ultrasound and use it as a present for your husband. All you need to do is to hand the picture and wait for his reaction.
- Ask The Pet. Are you fond of taking care of pets at home? Let your dog or cat do the talking. You can attach a message on your pet’s collar and wait for your husband to check it. He will have no idea what he is in for the best surprise of his life.
- Get Baby Stuff. Buy one item that is suitable for a baby. Give it to your husband and ask him what he thinks about the item. Let him talk for a while before you break the news that he is going to be a daddy and that your baby will probably need more of that stuff.
Share the best moments with your husband. Be sure to let him know as soon as possible so that you could plan the future better. Seeing his excitement about the pregnancy will make you feel optimistic about the new changes in your marriage.